In Case of Emergency: Ethical Considerations for a Crisis-Proof Private Practice
Saturday, February 6th, 2021
8:30 AM-3:00 PM
6 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credits
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
From the comfort of your own home, join Dr. Rochelle Perper for an engaging and interactive 6 hour course on legal and ethical issues in mental health. Licensed Mental Health Professionals can earn 6 continuing education credits to satisfy the Law & Ethics requirement for licensure renewal. Dr. Perper will continue to explore and address the many questions arising from the current COVID-19 pandemic and its' impact on mental health treatment.
Dr. Rochelle Perper, Founder and Principal Psychologist of Therapy Changes will address the practical application of risk management techniques, suicide prevention and assessment, crisis management, preparation of your Professional Will, HIPAA in the age of COVID-19 and disaster preparedness. Learn to protect yourself and position your practice to recover and continue operations should disaster strike.
1. Apply legal and ethical responsibilities around informed consent in clinical practice.
2. Identify empirically supported suicide prevention interventions.
3. Describe the law and ethical principles related to limits of confidentiality including mandated reporting and responding to danger to others.
4. Practice implementing Professional Will procedures and practice.
5. Describe how HIPAA enforcement and related federal waivers issued during the COVID-19 pandemic impact telehealth practice.
6. Identify key elements of an emergency safety plan.
Early Bird Registration (VALID UNTIL 1/6/2021) for Licensed Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs: $135.00
Regular Registration for Licensed Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs: $150.00
Unlicensed attendees (not receiving CE): $120.00
For groups of 5 or more, you may email email@example.com to inquire about a discount code prior to registering.Online check in will be at 8:15am. Please login at 8:15am to make sure you are connected via video and audio and are able to view the course. You can then grab yourself a cup of coffee, breakfast, glass of water, etc. and return a few minutes before 8:30am. A Zoom Webinar link will be emailed to you prior to the presentation.
**We will take a 30 minute break for lunch during the live webinar.